MEET YOUR BOXING COACH
David's boxing approach will ensure you develop all the essential skills you need to reach your goals; whether that be to increase your fitness, physical attributes, or to start a professional boxing career. His approach is to train you based on your natural strengths, to help bring the best qualities out in you.
A little more about David:
- 25 years experience as a Boxer and Coach
- Former NSW Middle Weight Champion
- Level 2 Accredited Boxing Coach
- Diploma in Sports Coaching
- Trained multiple state champions
- Been State coach at the ARAFURA Games
- Current Boxing Australia Coach Presenter
- Been involved in many boxing Australia training camps
MEET YOUR BOOTCAMP COACH
Kyle believes in training hard and getting out what you put in. He utilises his experiences and teachings from the infantry to pass the benefits onto those that do his bootcamp program.
A little more about Kyle:
- Joined the Australian army at the age of 17 as an infantry soldier,
- Certificate III and IV in fitness and personal training
- Currently studying certificate IV in nutrition and dietetics
- Deployed to Timor Leste, Papua New Guinea in 2011 and 2012 was deployed to the fight in Afghanistan where he engaged with the Taliban
- Earned the award of a Commendation for Gallantry and a spot on the 2013 Australia day honours role for a fight with insurgents in the village of Telibah.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW...
Along with working on your fitness, boxing gives you
the confidence of knowing that you are developing a valuable and practical skill. There is nothing more important than your safety, and you can learn self-defence through our boxing classes.
Fitness is a core component of what we do. Boxing is a great sport for cardiovascular training, and all of our sessions incorporate bag work and other high-intensity drills to help you work towards your personal fitness goals.
Standup Boxing has a record of producing great amateur boxers for competition. Boxers who wish to compete can improve their skills through sparring and participate in exhibition matches while preparing to compete. Whether you want to take your hobby to the next level or you're the next champion, we can work out a competitive training plan for you.
Q Is there a limit to how many classes I can do?
A No. Beginners can take as many All Level classes as they'd like. Once they've learned the basics, they are free to take unlimited Intermediate and Advanced classes as well. The only rules are that you get to class on time and ready to work hard.
Q I want to compete. Do you train fighters?
A Yes, we do. We have fighters competing at local ,state, and national levels.
Q Do I have to spar?
A No, absolutely not. Most of our members elect not to participate in full contact drills. Those that do are closely supervised. Safety is our primary goal.
Q I have never boxed before can I still come and train?
A YES . Most of our members start with little to no experience. While our programs are designed by experienced fighters, we understand that many of our members are just looking to get in great shape.
Q Do you train women?
A Yes About 30% of our members are women. Standup Boxing takes pride in the strong sense of camaraderie and community we've created at our gym. Regardless of your sex, age, or skill level, you’ll always feel safe and welcome.
Q What do I need to bring
A You will not need to bring anything just normal gym clothes and shoes a towel and water is advised.
Q How do I get started with training?
A Go to our contact page and select "Free 10 Day Pass" on the form. Alternatively, you can call +61 409 247 883 or email